A first class horticultural herbicide for use on lawns, sports turf and amenity grass.
Lawn Sand contains a base of iron sulphate which provides you with the most economical and effective way to treat your lawn.
Lawn Sand is a superb all-rounder but best used in the spring to give your grass a boost. The nitrogen in this fertiliser will keep your lawn looking greener for longer.
Lawn Sand can be used regularly throughout the growing season (April to September) without damaging your lawn, when the soil is moist and rain is not imminent.
Tips and Advice:
- You are advised to not apply Lawn Sand during a drought or freezing conditions
- Apply either by hand or using a spreader and sprinkle the fertiliser on as evenly as you can. If spreading by hand it is advisable to wear gloves
- To avoid drift on to plants, patios or ponds, do not apply in windy weather
- Grass should not be cut 3 days before treatment and not cut for at least 4 days after
- Leave the Lawn Sand to work for a couple of days and if no rain falls within 48 hours of treating your lawn then irrigate the treated area
- Ensure you scarify the area vigorously 2 weeks after applying the Lawn Sand and allow 6 to 8 weeks between applications
- Avoid walking in treated areas until it has rained or the area has been watered
- Wait for 3 days minimum after application before mowing
- Children and pets can use the treated areas once the product has been left to work for a couple of days and it has been irrigated.
- Do not use this product on newly sown grass (or turf) within the first six months.
- Bare patches can be re-seeded after 4 weeks
- If spilled on paving, or concrete etc, brush off immediately to avoid any discolouration.
NB: Lawn Sand tips and advice are also printed on each bag for ease.
This fertilizer contains:
NPK: 3.5:0:0 plus 3.5Fe